Sunday, June 19, 2005

Adsense or nonsense?

So I signed up the other day for Google Adsense, which allows Google to place advertisements on the website. (See the blue band below my description on the right). According to Google:
Google AdSense technology goes beyond simple keyword or category matching. We work hard to understand your content and deliver ads that are relevant to specific pages, automatically, no matter how many thousands of pages your site may have, or how specialized or broad your content. As your content changes, Google's ads change to match. And since our ads are also targeted by country, global businesses can display local advertising with no additional effort.
So what do I find when I look at the site this morning? An ad for meeting "Muslim singles" and another one for "Scientology News".

Google, if your vaunted technology is paying any attention, please note that I am not a friend to Scientology, and I very, very much doubt that Muslims looking for a date are trolling through The American Expatriate. However hard you think you are working to understand my content, it's clearly not hard enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home